Penguins

Sunday, July 13, 2008

So after spending much of the last few days listening to State Champ giggling while looking at her laptop on the other end of the couch and interrupting my enjoyment of the Discovery channel, I decided to check out what all the excitement was about. Like Nocturnal Grand Master, I sense the need for some infusion in yin into this discussion to balance out the current overabundance of yang.

After reading just a couple of state champ's posts, it is clear that a second source of information is required to insure fair and balanced reporting of events.

As the first example of truth in reporting, I feel compelled to clarify that I requested a change from my original nickname, but did not specifically request that it be changed to Capt'n Tight Pants. However, since she seems to have settled on that and I am such an agreeable guy, I can go along with it. After all, my whole life pretty much revolves around State Champ's hopes and desires... ;-).

Plus, I figure this type of activity meshes well with my naturally overly outgoing and gregarious personality.

Like NGM, I can't say how often my muse will compel me to contribute original material, but we'll see how it goes.

We'll see if ES and BS now start to feel the peer pressure and succumb. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry. i keep messing up my post. lack of sleep. Welcome aboard Capt! It's great to have your support. Balance. We'll bring balance to the blog! How's the foot? hope your ambulating alright!

Leslie said...

Welcome Cap'n TP! You boys are gonna have so much fun trying to keep up with us. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kim said...

As always, you amuse me greatly. But then again, I don't get out much. :) I knew you could do a fine job of creating a blog. You certainly get enough material to blog about from our daily life in the circus. Welcome!

Unknown said...

I'm crackin' up! Your writing style is fun. You're gonna love this blog bit.

That armadillo thing, wow. How do you know that bit of trivia? I can't wait to learn some new facts from Capt'n Tightpants! (When I say that, it comes out like the announcer on David Letterman saying "David Letterman." Is that how the rest of you hear it???

Tami said...

I'm loving the "fact of the day/week/month" thing. I've already imparted the knowledge that you've shared with at least 2 other people. You are making the world a better place! Looking forward to the Wookie noises!

Oh, and BS will NEVER do this blogging thing.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I knew the mountain thing. Too much Discovery Channel. Also, gotta love Bear Gyllis! Eating grubs, bugs, and plants. What's not to love!?

Glad to have your balance!